Here are the steps to make sublimation tumblers:
- Create your design using a software like Photoshop, Canva or Illustrator. You can use any images, text, or graphics you want, as long as they are high-resolution and suitable for sublimation. Make sure to mirror your design before printing, so it will appear correctly on the tumbler.
- Resize your design to fit the dimensions of your tumbler. You can use a template or measure the circumference and height of your tumbler and adjust your design accordingly. You can also use online tools like this one to resize your design automatically.
- Print out your design on sublimation paper using sublimation ink and printer. Make sure to use the correct settings for your printer and paper, and print on the coated side of the paper. Cut out the excess paper around your design, leaving a small margin.
- Clean your tumbler with a lint-free cloth to remove any dust or dirt. Place your sublimation paper on the tumbler and wrap it around, making sure it is aligned and smooth. Secure it with heat-resistant tape. You can also use a silicone wrap or shrink wrap to cover the whole tumbler and paper, which will help prevent any air bubbles or wrinkles.
- Turn on your heat press machine or convection oven and set the temperature and time according to the instructions of your tumbler and paper. For example, you may need to set the temperature to 375°F and the time to 6 minutes. Place your tumbler in the heat press machine or oven and start the sublimation process. Wear gloves to protect your hands from the heat.
- After the sublimation process is done, carefully remove your tumbler from the heat source and let it cool down completely. Peel off the paper and tape or wrap and admire your sublimated tumbler. You can also apply a layer of epoxy resin to seal and protect your tumbler, but this is optional.
Congratulations, you have just made a sublimation tumbler! You can enjoy using it yourself or give it as a gift to someone. You can also watch some video tutorials on how to make sublimation tumblers, such as this one or this one, for more tips and tricks. Have fun and happy crafting! 😊